The PMW-500 combines the exceptional picture quality of the PDW-700 with the operational flexibility of recording onto solid-state SxS memory cards. Equipped with three 2/3” Power HAD FX CCD image sensors, it can record both 1080 and 720 HD pictures at 50 Mb/s and is ideal for anyone that is looking for a versatile memory-based camcorder.
Key features of the PMW-500 camcorder include:
- XDCAM HD422 codec for exceptional picture quality at low data rate.
- Switchable between MXF and MP4 for recording in XDCAM HD422, XDCAM HD and XDCAM EX modes.
- Option to record MPEG IMX and DVCAM material allowing users to migrate to HD at their own pace.
- Interoperability with major NLE systems enabling smooth workflow migration.
- Lower power consumption for extended record time during shooting.
- Four channels of uncompressed 48 kHz digital audio.
- Two slots for recording onto SxS Memory Cards.