£200 + vat per day
Discounts available on longer term hires
The Sony PMW-500 combines the exceptional picture quality of the PDW-700 with the operational flexibility of recording onto solid-state SxS memory cards. Equipped with three 2/3” Power HAD FX CCD image sensors, it can record both 1080 and 720 HD pictures at 50 Mb/s and is ideal for anyone that is looking for a versatile memory-based camcorder.
Key features of the Sony PMW-500 camcorder include:
- Records to SxS cards.
- Includes built-in ND filters, HD-SDI out, auto stitching for colour balance.
- Cache recording included – up to 15 seconds can be captured onto the internal memory before you press the record button.
- Switchable between NTSC and PAL, allowing for use in both the UK and US.
- XDCAM HD422 codec for exceptional picture quality at low data rate.
- Switchable between MXF and MP4 for recording in XDCAM HD422, XDCAM HD and XDCAM EX modes.
- Option to record MPEG IMX and DVCAM material allowing users to migrate to HD at their own pace.
- Interoperability with major NLE systems enabling smooth workflow migration.
- Lower power consumption for extended record time during shooting.
- Four channels of uncompressed 48 kHz digital audio.
- Two slots for recording onto SxS Memory Cards.