SONY PXW-FS7 Super 35mm Camera.
Our Sony PXW-FS7 comes with an E-EF Metabones Speed Boost adapter as standard.
Also included in the kit are batteries, battery charger, headphones, XQD card reader, and rain cover.
We have many additional items available to hire to build your perfect shooting camera including shoulder mounts, arm extensions, top mics and more. Be sure to ask our staff about the Sony PXW FS7 accessories.
Designed as a camera that is at home on productions as diverse as “Cinéma Vérité”-style documentaries, reality TV, commercial and corporate applications, the SONY PXW-FS7 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System is a flexible 4K camera system. It features a Super 35mm size sensor that allows you to capture images with cinematic depth of field. The camera’s E-mount is machined from stainless steel and allows you to use E-mount lenses or with the use of optional adapters to accept most 35mm lenses including PL, EF, Leica, and Nikon. The camera can capture footage to optional on board XQD media cards in either UHD at up to 60 FPS or HD at up to 180 FPS. the camera can capture 4K (4096 x 2160) images and send the signal out over its SDI or HDMI connectors.
The camera records in your choice of XVAC-I, XVAC-L, or MPEG-2. However, MPEG-2 recording does not support the high data rates the camera is capable of generating when shooting in UHD, and is limited to recording HD video only. The camera incorporates Dual XQD media card slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. An ergonomically designed handgrip provides control of many of the camera’s functions and features an adjustable length support arm.
SONY PXW-FS7 XDCAM camera has an ergonomic grip design for easy handling and operability, making it ideal for one-man operation in situations where the extraordinary flexibility of its α Mount lens system and compatible interchangeable lenses can be used to maximum advantage. The SONY PXW-FS7 features a 4K Super 35mm Exmor CMOS sensor and support for shooting in 4K** 60p or Full HD at high frame rates up to 180 fps (frames per second). Selectable recording formats include XAVC, which supports 4K* 60p, Full HD 60p even in 4:2:2 10-bit recording, as well as the common MPEG-2 HD 422 format used by many broadcast stations around the world. Attach an optional Extension Unit (XDCA-FS7) to open up the possibilities of multi-camera shooting and ProRes 422 encoding**. Connect an HXR-IFR5 interface and AXS-R5 recorder to support parallel recording and 4K/2K RAW recordings up to 240fps in 2K.
* A-Mount* lenses require LA-EA4 lens adaptor.
** QFHD 3840 x 2160 resolution from launch. 4096 x 2160 resolution with firmware update, early 2015.
** Firmware update, early 2015.
- Lightweight ergonomic design and low power consumption ideal for one-man operation and lower investment costs. The PXW FS7 has a host of ergonomic design features including a grip design for easy handling and operability, and adjustable arm section.
- High-sensitivity 4K Super 35mm Exmor CMOS sensor supports 4K* motion-picture shooting
- The PXW-FS7 supports internal recording at 4K resolution as well as a wide range of frame rates 59.94P, 50P, 29.97P, 25P and 23.98P), and provides outstanding sensitivity of ISO2000 and the dynamic range of 14-stops.
* QFHD 3840 x 2160 resolution from launch. 4096 x 2160 resolution with firmware update, early 2015.
- Super Slow Motion continuous recordings
The PXW-FS7 offers continuous recording in Full HD image quality and a frame rate of up to 180 fps on internal XQD media. Using external RAW recorder images can be captured in 2K up to 240fp
- α Mount System for a wide selection of E-Mount and A-Mount lenses
The PXW-FS7 incorporates the α Mount System with an E-mount lens mount, ideal for the SELP28135G 35mm full frame powered zoom lens. The use of A-mount lenses via the LA-EA4 lens adaptor.