The Sony PMW-F3 is Sony’s first Super 35mm styled handheld camera. With an operating menu system that is based on the EX-1 and EX-3 it is familiar and easy to use. It shoots to SxS cards and, although it can only natively achieve a data rate of 35mbps, it is well-liked with BBC daytime drama ‘Doctors’ one of the shows that has been shot with this camera (using an external Nano Flash recorder). The F3 is also extremely good for idents and virals.
- Shoots internally at 35mbps.
- Solid, well-built camera that fans of Sony will appreciate.
- Native PL lens mount but we have adapters for Canon and Nikon mounts PLUS you can add B4 mount broadcast lenses (e.g. HJ-14, HJ-22 etc) via adapters
£100 + vat per day
Discounts available on longer term hires
The PMW-F3K (or ‘F3′) is part of the CineAlta 24P family of digital cinematography products. With support for multiple frame rates – including a filmic 23.98P as well as S-Log workflows – it features Sony’s Exmor Super35 CMOS sensor and provides a true ‘film look’ for independent movies, pop promos, commercials and other applications. The F3 is also an ideal B-camera for high-end feature film production.
Thanks to its PL Mount adaptor the F3 can be equipped with high quality 35mm lenses.
At the same time XDCAM EX’s proven high-speed, intuitive workflow offers seamless integration with leading nonlinear editing software while a 10bit 4:2:2 HD-SDI output opens up hybrid recording possibilities with a variety of external recording devices. A Dual Link HD-SDI option allows for 10bit RGB uncompressed signal output.
- Exmor Super35 CMOS image sensor
- PL Mount Adapter for compatibility with 35mm Cine Lenses
- 23.98P Native Recording
- Slow & Quick Motion function
- 1920 x 1080 HD recording using the ‘MPEG-2 Long GOP’ codec
- Selectable Bit Rates – The PMW-F3K camcorder offers a choice of bit rates – either 35 Mb/s (HQ mode) or 25 Mb/s (SP mode) – depending on the desired picture quality and recording time. The HQ mode supports both 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720 resolutions. The SP mode supports 1440 x 1080 resolution at 25 Mb/s, which provides compatibility with HDV 1080i products.
- Multiple-format recording – 1080/720 and Interlace/Progressive switchable operation
Scanning mode is switchable between 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, and 1440 x 1080 resolutions.
Frame rate is also selectable from interlace and progressive – 59.94i, 50i, 29.97P, 25P, and native 23.98P*.
In addition, 59.94P and 50P progressive recording is available in 1280 x 720 mode.
*In 1440 x 1080/23.98P (SP) mode, images are handled as 23.98P and recorded as 59.94i signals through means of 2-3 pull-down.
- Slow Shutter Function
- High-quality uncompressed audio recording
- Exceptional workflow flexibility
- SxS Memory Cards combine high transfer speeds and high reliability
- Long recording time
- IT Friendly
- Instant-access thumbnail search with ‘Expand’ function
- 3.5-inch Hybrid Colour LCD Screen
- Genlock and Timecode Interfaces
- 3D System Link option